9/13/17

Cantaloupe Soup

Waiter, there's a fish in my soup!



This is similar to a Mimosa . . . but in a bowl.  Because even tiny goldfish need their personal space.

I recently posted this on Instagram (Yes, I'm late to the I.G. party)  and  even though the goldfish were simple to create, I thought it best to add a photo to quickly demonstrate how they were constructed, I hope the pictures help clear things up, without a lengthy, boring explanation.

Btw, I could not find any instructions regarding carving strawberries into goldfish online. So, I came up with something simple that anyone can do.

 Serve this light, fruity,  fizzy 'soup' for brunch, in a bowl, or in a fancy champagne flute, minus the fish. Either way, your friends won't mind. But it they do,  let'em go 😁

You will need a good, sharp knife and steady hands.  Whole Cloves were used for the eyes. If your strawberry 'fish' sink to the bottom, halve another strawberry and place it (flat side up) under your  goldfish for support.


Cantaloupe Soup

3 ripe cantaloupes, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
one 750-milliliter bottle of dry Champagne
Fresh mint and berries, for garnish

Purée cantaloupe flesh in a blender, in batches. Add enough champagne to each batch to reach a creamy consistency. Chill well before serving.
Garnish with mint and berries. Serves 6 to 8.

Sorry this post was as fleeting as summer. I hope you're all well. 

6 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are unbelievably clever. That soup sounds very refreshing. I have a similar soup made with peach. I love your strawberry fish. Yes, very clever, very clever indeed!

    Lori
    All That Splatters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Did a double-take and sprained my neck - thanks a lot Lori! ☺

      Honestly, I'm a happy camper, now that you're here. I haven't posted in so long, that I didn't expect anyone would find this dusty old blog. Please, let's keep in touch somehow; I have missed you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Woodie-Annie! You found your way here too and all I want to do is hug you!

      Delete
  3. I still keep you in my Blog List and was so happy to see a post from you, Sol! Locally grown cantaloup season here and would love to try this. And, I'm going to be looking for you on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I completely forgot to include a link to Instagram. I'm so sorry. And it's been so long since I last blogged, that I can't remember how to update this post.
      In any case, I'm happy you found it. Thank you!

      Delete